Monday, December 17, 2012

Good news, good news, and more good news!

I have been thinking a lot about last Thursday's appointment with the RE. Based on some critical information that one of the office staff told me, we decided to plan our FET in February. But just because I'm crazy and a bit obsessive, I decided to call back this morning on the way to work and talk to the head nurse to confirm that same information. I'm glad I did because I found out what the first lady told me was incorrect! See? It pays off to be crazy like me. Now I'm excited to say that we won't have to wait until February to do our FET after all. In fact I am supposed to call with my period once it arrives this week (hopefully the 19th) and start taking BCPs this month! My medications have been ordered and are being delivered tomorrow. I think it's finally hitting me that this is happening! It's FOR REAL!

As if that's not enough good news for one day, I was pulling into work right after hanging up with the nurse when I got a call from a Virginia area code. It was the lab director with some even more amazing news: Our embryos were on their way here! I wasn't expecting to hear from him so soon since I had just left him a voice-mail an hour and a half earlier, let alone for him to call and say they were already on their way! They will be coming "home" on December 18th, the anniversary mom's death. I know she's helping with all of this. :) She's watching. 

I have been asking God for comfort as the horrible anniversaries of December 2011 approached. Anniversaries have been really hard for me this year, especially the one in May of my Mom's diagnosis. I have been dreading the two big anniversaries - December 6th (DOR Diagnosis) and December 18th (Mom's death.) and have prayed diligently for some level of comfort to help me get through them. But not only has God answered my prayers with comfort, but I have actually been given joy for both. December 6th, the donors officially signed over their rights to the embryos to us. And tomorrow, the anniversary of my Mom's death, our embryos arrive home in Texas! If you had asked me three months ago how I would be feeling on the eve of the anniversary of her death, I'd probably tell you I'd be in tears. Well, I am in tears.  Except they are tears of joy and elation. I miss my mom terribly, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's near and she has a hand in all of this. This wonderful thing could have happened on 364 other days of the year, but they are coming home on December 18th. :)

I've been watching the news for any FedEx plane crashes between Virginia and Texas, and so far there haven't been any reports. So I'm going to try to stop worrying that they will make it here safe and sound. I hope my mom is hanging out with them and helping them stay safe until they are in their new home in Texas.

Welcome to Texas, little snowflakes. 

4 comments:

  1. So exciting!! My husband and I are also in the process of embryo adoption. We have 4 little embryos that we are in the middle of contract signing for and them becoming our little embabies. Can I ask you, what were the costs for shipping the embryos from VA to TX? I've heard to expect a few hundred dollars?? Thanks! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your four little snowflakes! What is funny is that I don't know the answer for you on shipping costs. The clinic still hasn't charged our card for them yet. I need to follow up with them, but they said they will be passing along the costs that the shipping company charges them. She quoted me around $200-500 which included their administration fee. I'll let you know once I find out the exact amount. Good luck, Kelly!

      Delete