Monday, May 5, 2014

Getting back into the swing of things

I'll post an update about a variety of things today. I'm so glad to be getting back in the swing of things now that I'm feeling better with the gestational diabetes getting under control.

At first  my gestational diabetes seemed to be under pretty good control the first couple of days on the oral meds (Glyburide.) But then I realized it wasn't working quite as well a day or two after. Sure enough, I called in with my info to the MFM and they had me up my dose by 50% and thankfully, yet again my numbers appear to be 99% where they should be. As the placenta grows it will get harder to manage so I'm sure I'll be getting another dose increase before I know it.

I've had two  hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) events since starting meds which royally sucked. Having low blood sugar makes you feel awful - shaky, irrationally irritable, sweaty, and it hits you quick - like a train. But luckily I was able to quickly get it back up with some milk and I felt better quickly. I bought some glucose tabs to take with me in my purse in case it ever happens while I'm not home.

We also got my c-section scheduled for July 29th at 7:30am CST. I've put a countdown ticker on the right side of my blog. It's not like I'm excited or anything lol!

Let's see, what else?

Oh, the sale on the California condo closed last week! This is such a huge blessing and I don't think I've let it really sink in yet that it's gone. We are free of it - finally! In other happy news, I also got the results of some blood work that the MFM ran as a baseline. All came back not just normal, but stellar. I have been secretly a little worried about my liver being problematic ever since some odd liver results scared me last year. Long story short, I had some weird enzyme results and even a borderline positive result for an autoimmune liver issue but after seeing a GI doctor, they said they *thought* it was a non issue and a fluke. We then got knee-deep into cycling and I never got full follow up blood work to ensure that everything was indeed normal. So now, to hear all of my results were normal finally squashed those secret, long-lingering fears and I feel like a weight has been lifted.

I've also been keeping myself busy taking pictures for friends. I had a really fun sex-reveal maternity shoot (see photos below) with a friend of mine which went great. UNTIL, my blood sugar tanked, I got shaky, and accidentaly dropped one of my favorite lenses and it shattered all over the cement. I was so mad at myself all day long. I'm not a professional photographer and I don't have insurance, so now I'm in the market to replace it. And many people don't realize this, but the lenses can be the most expensive part of the camera. I swear I saw it shatter in slow motion. I guess stuff happens.

Just a quick offer + plug for myself - if you're in the Austin area and would like to have some free photos to help me build my portfolio for the side business I'm working on, email me at wishingonasnowflake@gmail.com. All I ask in return is a signed release form that will allow me to use them for self-promotion and my portfolio.

Here are a couple from yesterday.










5 comments:

  1. The heart picture is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites too. :)

      Delete
  2. As a photog enthusiast I feel your pain about the lens...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up replacing it with better lens, so I'm telling myself it was meant to be. Now I'm off to buy insurance..... lol!

      Delete