Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th of July.  I hope that I never take for granted the sacrifices of those who came before us which gave us the freedoms we have today. I am incredibly grateful for this country and I feel blessed to be an American.


Hopefully everyone is doing something fun today with their loved ones! We are having friends over and grilling up some food. I gave Nadia her first insulin shot and am keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't drop dead somewhere in the mix. Fingers crossed. ;-)

And just a few teeny updates.

I called my insurance and it sounds like I should have a response to the appeal by July 11th. Not bad, I can wait until then. Lets just hope the response is a resounding APPROVED! And I am still praying for good news on the embryos shipping soon. Libby is working hard on making that happen! I also found out I can resume birth control pills after a short break. Great. That actually boosted my spirits a bit knowing I'm still facing the right direction.

Oh, and I've lost 15 pounds. :-D

I'm trying to stay focused on the positive. Eye on the prize, as my mom used to say.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight loss, that is aweeesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It feels great to know I have control over something that is going right. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! And good luck on everything else :)

    ReplyDelete