Wednesday, July 31, 2013

For the love of all things holy.

Wednesday.

Today is WEDNESDAY. The wonderful day that I had every faith in the world I'd finally get word that these embryos were shipping! Why? Because the donor clinic assured my embryologist that they would have this "nurse sign off" approval and they'd call her yesterday. Ready to go. Simple enough!

Apparently that was just too high of an expectation. They never called.

So my embryologist called them today only to be told it was still awaiting "nurse sign-off" approval.

I came unglued. I seriously came unglued. I immediately contacted Libby and asked her if she could put some pressure on them. She was furious and called herself and they told her they DO have all the approval and now they gave the name of the contact at the lab.

WHAT THE EFF?! WHAT THE EFFING EFF?

Why is this so hard? WHY? The simplest thing are the hardest things with them!

Well, by the time I had this lab contact's name and went to call my embryologist with it, it was 4:02 pm. My clinic closed at 4pm. It went to voicemail. I emailed my embryologist and let her know.

I am so embarrassed that my embryologist, a woman with a PhD who creates life for a living, has had to make so many futile calls to chase after these people. She has better things to do. I have better things to do. So does Libby. It's awful.

So more waiting. Is tomorrow the day? Hell, is even next week the week?

Oh and this comes on the heels of a very hard day yesterday. Nadia took a crazy nose dive on her blood sugar yesterday to the point where all the karo syrup and high carb gravy didn't bring her back up. I ended up at the vet who pumped her full of dextrose. Luckily I was working from home and caught it in time. We dodged the bullet, for a day at least. But I know there will be a day where I won't be home when this happens and I will certainly come home to find a comatose or dead cat. The thought horrifies me. This cat has been my friend for almost 10 years. The thought of losing her like this is incredibly upsetting. But its a very real one.

No wonder I'm wanting to cry at the drop of a hat.

I JUST NEED SOME GOOD NEWS.

14 comments:

  1. girl you do need some good use. and a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your good news very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart!
    Many happy thoughts and prayers coming your way! Praying for this to all come together and be fruitful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much Lainey. I hope this all comes to an end, in a good way, very very soon.

      Delete
  4. Aw I'm sorry sweetie! Sending you prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I feel better for blogging it out. :) Thanks for listening.

      Delete
  5. Waiting sucks and I'm so sorry that you still have to wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Thanks for commenting. I'm hoping this wait has a end in sight! :)

      Delete
  6. Tons and tons of hugs!

    I hope you get good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh. Total ridiculousness. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this to get those embabies!

    ReplyDelete