Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nope. Not yet.

When my embryologist called Libby's lab on Tuesday, the woman she spoke to said they didn't have the form yet. Or at least it hadn't been scanned into their system. She said she'd look for it and assured my embryologist she would call her right back.

But no one ever called her back.

And now my embryologist is going to be out the rest of this week. She has a life and of course it doesn't revolve around me. But I feel like I want to stomp my feet like a two-year old.

Well, Libby got a voicemail from her lab yesterday saying they need yet another form completed, only this time completed by her husband. It is yet another form they never even mentioned was required until now, even though Libby first started this process with them months ago.

They said this is surely the last step. I really hope it is. I feel like we've been at the last step for months now. But now the lab is saying it is, so maybe this is really it?

I am so grateful for Libby and her husband. I know this is frustrating for them too. Libby has bent over backwards (and then some) to help make this happen. And since I am not the patient at her clinic, I am unable to do any of the follow up or calling. She has had to do EVERYTHING. I don't know how many donors might have just given up by now, but she has stuck it out. My heart literally aches. It aches to finally meet our embryos. It aches with gratitude for Libby. It aches to get out of this depression as I wait for these seemingly neverending steps to be completed.

As soon as these embryos ship, you're going to hear screaming...yes, delightful screams. No matter where in the country you are you will certainly hear it. And you can be sure it's originating from Austin, TX.

I just hope it is soon.


11 comments:

  1. Someone seriously needs to give that a clinic a lesson in organization and management. How hard can this be?!?!? Praying that your embies come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking we might be ready to ship!! Fingers crossed. :)

      Delete
  2. Sigh....God bless Libby! And I'm waiting anxiously to hear that screaming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! God bless her.

      Oh trust me - you'll hear it. They will hear it from China!!!

      Delete
  3. Ready to hear the delightful screams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a post that tells Libby's story..and how your families came together? I find the story fascinating and a wonderful gift..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabrina! Thanks for stopping by! Here is the post where I introduce Libby to everyone. :)

      http://www.wishingonasnowflake.com/2013/04/oh-my-goshdo-i-have-some-news-for-you.html

      It's not a lot of detail, but it pretty much sums it up! I met her through a woman who was on a donor egg/donor sperm facebook support group through a woman who knew both of us. It was one of those "chance" meetings but I feel like the universe aligned perfectly.

      It is an amazing gift!

      Delete
  5. Hi Liz,

    Just found your blog. It's super cute and you totally made me laugh with your warning of delightful screams and recipe for time bomb cake. Thanks for sharing your infertility story. I'm a newbie and reading your blog really helps me cope and feel less alone on this emotional journey.

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for commenting. I'm happy that my story helps others. That's the main reason I started blogging. Blogs helped me so much in the beginning part of my journey too. :) I wish you lots of luck on your journey. It can be an incredibly lonely and emotional process most of the time.

      Delete
  6. It's unbelievable to me how unorganized all this has been. You and Libby are both saints.

    ReplyDelete