Monday, June 10, 2013

A Weekend Getaway to the Countryside

Kevin and I just returned from a weekend getaway to a small town east of Austin called Fredericksburg. We had been to Fredericksburg one time before, but this time took Oscar and stayed on a sprawling horse ranch. It was exactly the relaxing weekend that we had hoped it would be and more.

We stayed at this rustic cabin located on 37 acres of private land.



We spent the evenings in the rocking chairs on the porch watching the sunset, followed by hundreds of dancing fireflies. There was even a tree swing hung from a giant oak tree out front.




We spent the morning with a cup of local coffee in hand watching the horses in the pasture just feet from our cabin. All of the horses were incredibly friendly and loved for us to show them attention.



Kevin and I both love animals. Not only did we adore the horses, there was a tiny little tortie ranch cat who stayed on our porch of our cabin pretty much the entire time we stayed there. She was so sweet that she'd hop right on Kevin's lap, curl into a ball, and fall asleep.



Oscar enjoyed the countryside, but wasn't sure what to make of the horses since he had never seen one before. He was intrigued and loved staring at them.



There were quite a few wineries and vineyards nearby so we visited a few and enjoyed some local food. We couldn't have asked for better weather.


We can't wait to go back. I'd even like to go when the weather is chilly because there's a big fire pit out back and I can imagine roasting marshmallows bundled up and cozy. The location and ambiance was exactly what the doctor ordered after such a stressful past couple of weeks. I hope to one day return with our future children and make this our forever go-to Fredericksburg spot. It was absolutely perfect.

I hope the rest of you had a wonderful weekend as well!

23 comments:

  1. Sounds heavenly! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks like paradise! Glad y'all were able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better in the world than a nice little get-a-way. So refreshing for mind, body and soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the most rejuvinating get-aways I've ever had. :)

      Delete
  4. So glad that you had a rejuvenating weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a lovely weekend and your photographs are so beautiful!! I wish I was more artistic so I could take photos like that! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous trip girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had fun in Fredricksburg!!! Love that quaint town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a wonderful and relaxing trip! And Oscar got to tag along, too :) I bet he was bragging to the cats when he got home...lol. And I'm so glad to see you taking pictures! Love them! How are you liking the camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the camera! I love taking pictures, it's been a great hobby to keep my mind off of other craziness going on. I'm so glad I've taken it up!

      Delete
  9. It sounds and looks like a wonderful weekend. Oscar is such a handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too. :) He's my buddy.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a fabulous getaway!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time! (And I love that kitty! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, she was the sweetest little kitty I've ever met! Seriously! :)

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad this little weekend get away was exactly what you imagined it to be!

    ReplyDelete