Friday, June 14, 2013

Prayers for a friend dealing with a terrible loss

I received some incredibly sad news today from a friend.

I met this friend through church over a year ago. She confided in me when we first met that she and her husband also suffered from IF. When she told me about their struggle, it was an immediate realization that God had placed her in my life. We both felt a bond and special friendship over this terrible path we both were on that many others couldn't possibly understand. Since meeting her, she has been an amazing cheerleader through our cycles, and a wonderful support after the loss of our baby. She is always full of cheer and laughter, even though I know the immense pain behind her smile.

A few months ago, I was overjoyed when I learned that she and her husband had made the decision to pursue traditional adoption via the foster to adopt system. And I was even more elated to learn that she was matched within weeks of completing her foster training. I remember the overwhelming joy in her voice when she described the three beautiful boys coming to her for adoption, ages 1, 2, and 4.

They were recently placed in her home so I figured she was adjusting to the new family and I emailed her the other day checking in on her, hoping everyone was settling in well.

She responded today with "All is not well. The children are being moved out today."

My heart just crumbled into a million pieces. My eyes filled with tears. This is so incredibly unfair. Why does creating (and keeping) a family have to be so hard for some of the most amazing people? What an incredible loss this is and I hurt for her and her husband with every ounce of my being.

Loss hurts, no matter how the loss manifests itself. Please say a special prayer for my friend today and for any other mothers and fathers who have endured, or are currently dealing with adoption loss.

8 comments:

  1. My heart aches for your friend. We lost our foster baby after caring for and loving her for 5 months. We were devastated beyond words. 7 weeks later, we received a call that she was coming back into care, asking us to take her back. She is now our amazing 7 year old daughter. I don't know your friends circumstances, but the foster system is full of unexpected turns...maybe this isn't the end. Saying a prayer for her and those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad! My prayers are with her! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers and hugs for your friend. What a terrible thing to go through! -DP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine the loss! Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your friend and prayers you would have the words and actions to comfort her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for her and the boys. This is my line of work. There is so much loss and heartache for everyone involved. Praying she gets her forever family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so heartbreaking :( I was actually watching a show in the Oxygen channel. Forgot the name, but it followed couples who were giving their children up for adoption and the whole process that followed. The birth mom had picked up a couple and was saying how close she had gotten to the lady who was adopting her child. Then an hour after she gave birth, she changed her mind. My first gut reaction was of the family who was going to adopt the baby and the heartbreak they must have felt....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heartbreaking for sure. I'm so sorry for your friend and her husband.

    ReplyDelete