Thursday, February 20, 2014

16 week ultrasound

I've tried to write some new posts over the past week but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to write about any kind of happy times while I know Libby and her family are suffering so greatly. Please continue to pray for them. And though I am going to get back to writing about our pregnancy updates, please continue to keep Libby and her family in your thoughts and prayers. They will forever be in ours.

<3 <3 <3 JLK <3 <3 <3

As far as we go, we had our 16 week appointment this morning. We weren't looking for anything in particular. It was just an opportunity to see her, confirm she is indeed a girl, and ask the doctor any questions. No complaints here!

I'll get right to the good stuff: The pictures. Here is a shot of her facing us. Sorry it's kind of blurry. Surprisingly, she even had a bow on her head. Kind of weird, but that's my girl. Miss fancy pants! ;-) LOL



And here's where she stretched her legs out giving us a clear shot of the junk. She's definitely a girl!


So here I am at 16 weeks. This is the week I've longed for. Not only will she begin to hear my voice, but I *might* even feel movement. In fact, on this past Sunday, I think I just may have felt something. It felt like teeny tiny spasms right where she hangs out. It has happened here and there and even continues into today. Considering there were days in the darkest parts of our infertility when I thought I might never know this feeling, I could just cry with joy knowing this is where we are. This still doesn't feel real.

Our next appointment is at 20 weeks, on March 20th. It's our anatomy scan. I'm actually nervous. The pregnancy-after-a-loss brain is starting to creep in and I just wish we could fast forward to getting it over with. The nurse practitioner thought her heart looked great on ultrasound today which she said shoudl be reassuring my nerves for any kind of heart defects to appear at week 20. And I know the odds of them finding something bad are incredibly slim, but I'm just nervous. If anyone has reassuring stories or facts, I'd love to hear them. March 20th is a long ways away!

13 comments:

  1. well she's a little blurry but I love her bow!! So glad you are progressing well and things are looking up for you!!

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sixteen weeks already? Wow...so happy that things are progressing so beautifully. And as for your donor family, my heart breaks for them. I'm still praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i can't believe it either!!!

      Thank you so much for praying for their family.

      Delete
  3. so exciting!!! it will feel like a long time until the 20 weeks apt but hopefully you will start feeling those flutters! they are hard to trust at first, but before you know it, it will be kicks and hiccups all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I'm feeling them already but still in the "are they? or aren't they?" phase. I know soon it will be obvious, I can't wait! :)

      Delete
  4. Continued prayers to Libby. So glad things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting, and my prayers will not stop for Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how hard it can be to happy for yourself when someone you care about is suffering so much. I'm sure Libby and her family appreciate your support.

    Glad all is looking good with baby girl! Your anatomy scan is two days after my own baby girl's due date so yes it feels so close and so far at the same time! Hope the time flys by for us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for continuing to pray for her.

      Congratulations on approaching your due date! That's so exciting!

      Delete
  7. So glad everything is looking good! I read the title of this post and thought "16 weeks already?!" I was so nervous for our anatomy scan especially since they don't let you see the baby until they are done taking measurements so you have no idea what's going on. The tech was great though and she talked the entire time and was telling me how cooperative our little guy was. Hopefully the time passes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't believe it either! I wish I could fast forward to the scan. It's the waiting that is so hard! I'm so glad yours went well. :)

      Delete