Thursday, June 19, 2014

33 weeks and lots going on!

I'm 33 weeks today. Woo hoo!

It has been a really busy week so I'll catch you up. Starting Monday afternoon, I started feeling some abdominal pressure and didn't think much of it. I figured it was Sammy's position and it seemed to come and go depending on how I laid or walked. But Tuesday morning, I had some severe cramping that lasted about 20 minutes. It worried me, but went away after I laid down for a bit. I called my OB nurse and left a voicemail as a heads up but didn't think much of it after that since I felt much better. I still had pressure, but no pain. I went about my day, which included my first physical therapy session for my hip and back pain. On that note, it turns out I have sacroiliac joint dysfunction, in case anyone is familiar. I am hopeful that doing PT will help with all of it because it's starting to get debilitating for walking, bending, and even laying down.

After PT was over, I went into work and around 2pm got a call back from my nurse. She asked me about the pressure and cramps and said I needed to come in right away to be checked out. Yikes! I quickly left work in a hurry and they did a pelvic exam and an FFN swab test. The FFN test can tell if you are approaching labor in the next two weeks or so. They sent my results to the lab but in office found that my cervix was closed and firm, a good sign. They sent me home to rest until Friday. Luckily the FFN test came back negative and we are confident the pressure is either Sammy's position or possibly even an UTI. I should know about the UTI sometime today.

I also had my weekly MFM appointment this morning. I am getting biophysical profiles every week, not growth scans like I once thought. Sammy looked perfect, fluid looked perfect, and all is well with her. My GD is well controlled, but my dinner numbers have been going up. We added a short-acting insulin with my dinner and that should take care of that! We didn't get any pictures today but I got to see her cute little tooshie on top of her chunky little baby thighs, and her sweet little fingers moving around. She passed the BPP 100%. Next week is growth scan, so I am excited to see how big they think she is! I'm guessing over 5 pounds already?

Last night, Kevin and I went to a newborn care class at the hospital. My OB cleared me to go, despite this short-lived bedrest I am told to follow. It was really informative and I'm glad we went. Each couple got a practice baby. I'm glad ours had a smile on it's face because the couple next to us...well, their baby didn't.

Our baby is on the left, the couple sitting next to us had the baby on the right. LOL!

All in all, I'm glad things are looking stable once again and I'm taking the time to relax at home on my short-lived bedrest. Our air conditioning somehow broke yesterday (nice timing, right?) so we have an a/c guy coming out at noon to take a look. Not sure how I can survive in this house without AC. I just might melt!

And to shake things up even more, both of our cats are in for dental surgery today so I'm a little anxious about that since both of them have complicated health issues. Fingers crossed everything turns out okay.

We have our final elective 3d scan on Saturday and our breastfeeding class too. Talk about jam-packed June, right?

And I've started packing my hospital bag! Can you believe it? I swear I'm talking about someone else.

I decided to take a bump photo today since I haven't posted one in a while. Please excuse the scrubby outfit, I'm not dressed up for work today since I'm resting. And nothing like a dog photo-bomb to start the day.





So that's the excitement around here these days!

Only 39 days left. THIRTY NINE! OH MY GOSH!

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo 33 weeks! Sorry Sammy / the UTI scared you, but I'm glad things turned out ok in the end. We're taking a childbirth class as well, and the babies that they used for infant CPR had removable faces! I don't know why they have to use such creepy dolls lol. I don't know much of your background (still catching up,) but are you getting induced early hence the 39 more days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww, removable faces? What the heck was the purpose of that except to be extra creepy? LOL As for me, I have a scheduled c-section on July 29, hence the count down! She could always decide to come a bit earlier on her own, but that's the official eviction date if she doesn't. :) I put a countdown on the right hand side of the blog because I'm crazy like that and love to tell people down to the minute and second haha!

      Delete
  2. So excited for you!
    Love the baby doll's frowny face! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute!!

    Your happy baby face is a little creepy. Somehow the grumpy one creeps me out less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet!
      Yeah they both definitely score somewhere on the creepy-scale but benjamin-button creeptastic grumpy face makes me laugh mostly. The couple who got assigned to them may have felt discouraged with their parenting skills out the gate. ;-)

      Delete
  4. You look so beautiful! Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Your dog is adorable. What is his/her name?
    39 days? That seems so quick. So happy for you!!
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! And our dog's name is Oscar. He's a rescue from a really bad abusive situation. Someone beat him so bad as a puppy that he went blind in one eye and broke his skull. He's the most loving, sweetest, appreciative dog now. We just adore him! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!!! I can't believe how close it's getting! Those baby dolls creep me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look great! How do you feel? Those baby dolls made me laugh...lol....talk about nightmares! I can't believe how quickly this all seems to have passed, but I imagine it feels like a lifetime to you waiting to meet your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling good! So happy to be on the final count down. Some days it feels like it went fast, and some days it feels like it's been forever. I keep day dreaming about the day we will finally meet her. It's just incredible. :)

      Delete
  7. And thats IF she comes on time! Asher decided 38 weeks looked better than 39! Sammy could do the same :)

    ReplyDelete