Monday, June 30, 2014

34w4d quick update

I'll make this post short but wanted to just post a little about what has been going on! Holy moly it's been busy around here.

I had a good friend of mine, Candace, fly in from Maryland on Wednesday to throw our baby shower. We have spent most of her visit shopping and prepping for the shower. And of course, the shower itself happened on Saturday.

It was a dream come true. I couldn't imagine anything better.

I'll post a separate post all about the shower because it was so beautiful and so amazing, something I never thought I'd ever experience. My friend is a professional photographer and will be sending me the photos. Once I get them, I'll post all about it.

Kevin and I felt so loved by all of the people who joined us to celebrate little Sammy and I just can't say enough about how grateful and happy I was (and still am) that we have made it this far! I even had an amazing blog-reader-turned-friend drive all the way from Dallas to celebrate with us. I could not feel more blessed. Truly.

Candace is visiting us with her 7 week old baby girl and she is just such a sweet, good baby. It's been a treat not only having Candace here, but also her little baby girl. Candace has given me lots of great parenting, breastfeeding, and photography tips and I wish she could stay longer! And of course it's been lots of fun having the sweet smell of a baby girl around with her smiles, giggles, and even cries. All of our pets have done great with her and it's been fun having a glimpse into our not-so-distanced future.

Last week I had a biophysical profile with my MFM and Sammy passed 100%. She weighed approximately 4lb 15oz, so I'm sure she's beyond 5lb now. My MFM says that in a few days, if she were to be born, she likely wouldn't even need NICU time. Can you believe that? This amazing little girl could actually come home with us! The MFM had nothing negative to say during our appointment and even praised me for taking such good care of my gestational diabetes. Sammy shows no signs of the effects of it which makes this mama very happy.

The OB is also beyond ecstatic and my appointments these days are nothing but positive.

We had a 3d ultrasound, but Sammy didn't really cooperate so they had to reschedule us for a final one this Saturday. Here she is facepalming because we poked her too much. ;-)

Quit poking me, mom!

I ordered the DNA test we will be using to swab Sammy's cheek and Vicky's little boy to determine genetic relationships after birth. It arrived Friday and seems simple enough, It's now packed in the hospital bag.

Hmm what else? Oh, I scheduled a house cleaner to deep clean our entire house in mid-July. I'm starting to slow way down physically but still have that need to nest, you know? So we have treated ourselves to someone professionally coming in to take care of it and I'm really excited for a clean house. It's getting a little neglected these days.

So much more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

TWENTY EIGHT DAYS (or less) LEFT!

Some pink and white puffs hand-made with love by some of my friends

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're both doing well! Have a wonderful time at your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to hear all the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you received the shower you deserve. <3 love this update

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)
    That sono pic is PRICELESS! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, isn't it hilarious? Cracks me up every time I see it. ;-)

      Delete