Saturday, July 19, 2014

The suspense

Yesterday I had my growth scan and BPP appointment with my MFM. Sammy weighs approximately 6lb 12 oz and measured at exactly 37w1d, which was how far along I was. Just perfect. She passed the BPP with flying colors, and I couldn't be more proud of her.

In talking to the MFM, he said that due to the pre-eclampsia, Sammy must be delivered this week. He even said to cancel my next appointment with him that was scheduled for next Friday because this little girl should be an outside baby by then.

Whoa.

So both of my doctors have said it. This little girl will be born no later than next Friday. That's just crazy to wrap my head around! I don't think it's quite registered yet.

So with my MFM being even more insistent than my OB, I called my OB yesterday to see when he wanted to schedule it for. Unfortunately, he wasn't in, nor were the schedulers who could schedule the actual c-section. But I do know that my OB considers Tuesday his surgery day. If I had to make an educated guess, I would guess the c-section will be Tuesday for that reason. But it's the weekend now and we won't know until Monday. The suspense! Right? I could find out on Monday that Sammy is coming on Tuesday morning!

I'm still desperately trying to keep my blood pressure down, yet it's still going up. My MFM said if my BP goes over 160/100 at any point (sitting, standing, laying, whatever) it's time to go to the hospital. And if I do, they just might deliver same day. I know my OB wants me to to try to make it through the weekend so I'm not sure if being admitted would mean hospital bedrest until Monday/Tuesday or a weekend delivery, but I've got a close eye on it. My BP landed at 154/92 yesterday evening so I'm definitely flirting with the possibility of being admitted this weekend. I'm hoping and praying I can wait it out at home.

I haven't been sleeping well at all. I don't know if it's physiological from the pre-eclampsia itself or because there is so much running through my mind. But I feel really run down physically and I'm sure lack of sleep has to do with it.

Also, since yesterday I've been dealing with a headache on the left side of my head only. And the top left side of the roof of my mouth is swollen and tender. But I'm pretty sure I burned my mouth yesterday with some hot food which likely explains that. But still being smart, I'm keeping an eye on it and if it doesn't get better, I'll be calling and heading in. Again, I think there's a decent chance of hospital time this weekend.

I'll leave you with a picture of my hospital bag(s) (okay, its more of a pile right now.) I think I only have four last-minute items to add to it as we actually go out the door. I've had some anxiety about leaving for the hospital bedrest in not feeling prepared so having these bags done has helped me feel better about it.


I have my camera bag with professional camera  and lenses because I want to be able to get some really good shots of Sammy and Kevin during our first few days together. I know I may or not be with it mentally and physically but I think I'll be able to get a few good shots to share. I've got a duffel bag full of essentials like comfy clothes, nursing stuff, toiletries, etc. I'm bringing my brest friend, laptop (so I can update my blog, of couse!) and Sammy's diaper bag with her going home outfit and other baby essentials.

Please continue to pray that everything turns out okay and that this preeclampsia stays at bay until next week when my OB can deliver! Or if she has to come this weekend, that we are safe and sound. Thanks for all of your support!

13 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck for the birth and recovery! I will be excited to finally "meet" Sammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait for you all to meet her too!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you all the very best for the birth! You will never forget that amazing moment you get to hold your little girl in your arms. All the very best x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait until that moment.

      Delete
  3. So exciting! She's about to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers! This is so exciting, Liz. Sammy is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Liz!! You are so close to holding your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pre-e is no joke! At least you are far enough along not to have to worry about baby girl though. Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can! You'll be holding Sammy within just a few days! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete