Saturday, July 26, 2014

We're home! And some pictures...

I'll also be making this post short, as I'm sure you'll all understand because there's a little girl who will undoubtedly be calling my name any minute. A quick update - yesterday, we went home with our beautiful snowflake girl and I cried like a baby as I looked at her in the backseat of our car. I just can't believe our "take home baby" is home with us now. I kept thinking "is this really real? IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?" I can't begin to tell you how there were many days I never ever thought this day would come. But it did. Oh boy, I'm crying again just typing that.

We made it through our first night. Kevin and I are taking shifts the best we can while I pretty much nurse her around the clock. I have some minor issues with breastfeeding but am pushing through them with the support and help of friends and taking naps every opportunity I can.

I'll try to type up a birth story in the next few days while our little angel sleeps (wish us luck) with lots and lots of pictures.

And like many of you said, I couldn't be prepared for the amount of love I'd feel for this little girl - you were right and then some. I love her so much my heart just aches, in a good way. Like it's going to explode all over the place. I can't wait to get to know her and love her and see her grow. I don't want anything to happen to her and would do anything for her. Kevin feels the same way.

Here are a few pictures to share in the meantime until I can write more. I also hope to do a newborn photo session with her tomorrow and capture her in all her sleepy sweetness while I can. Lots more pictures will come your way, I assure you all!

Kevin having a heart-to-heart with his brand new little girl
Hi, world! Here's a picture of Sammy as she officially turned one day old. :) I could eat those cheeks up!

Cracking a smile for daddy. (Or probably gas, but we can always pretend because she's too cute not to share!)

More smiles (gas lol)
One of the happiest moments of our lives. Strapping this beautiful girl into her carseat and heading home with her. She's ours!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is soo beautiful and soo precious!! I'm crying for you.. I can just hear the happiness in your words and it's just beautiful.
    Rest up and thanks for posting pictures so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz, she is beautiful. Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooo happy for you three!!! She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable:) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is stunning! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful!! Congrats friend, you and you DH have waited your entire lives for this moment <3.

    -Mindy (MM29)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is perfect! <3 I am elated for you guys! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just gorgeous and perfect and amazing!
    And you're absolutely right, I thought I knew what "love" was before but i had no clue that this kind of the overwhelming, all-consuming, heart bursting LOVE existed... until I saw my little guy's face and held him for the first time... then I knew the meaning of true love. And it just grows every single day...
    Congrats, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet!! Her cheeks are just precious!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your daughter!! I am so thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home, little girl! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy who love you so very much!!! XO

    I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Your story is amazing and you inspire so many women every day to never give up on their dreams. This post right here is proof positive that dreams do come true!!! <3 (Details of the nomination on my blog)

    Mel @ thereisahigherhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's precious! Congrats, Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sammy is adorable and oh so cute with her smiles! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sammy is just magnificent! Congrats to you and Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete