Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Anniversary weekend

Kevin has shown an interest in photography. So I decided for an anniversary present, I'd get him a DSLR camera. I knew it would mean that he and I could spend time taking pictures of stuff together. Therefore in a way, it was the perfect "us" gift. He loved it! Just as planned, we went to downtown Austin on Sunday and spent the majority of the morning/afternoon wandering around with the cameras. Here are just a few of the pictures I took from our outing.

First, we had a wonderful belated anniversary brunch at a historic Victorian home set on a lush property. There were beautiful peacocks, peahens, and pea-chicks running around. Even a few white peacocks!


After brunch, we went to the Texas State Capitol. I've been to a few state capitols in my life, but Texas by far is the most beautiful! The building is full of history, hallways, staircases, and was lots of fun to get lost with a camera in.


Even though it was a little overcast, it was a great day spending time together.

I've been having kind of a hard time as the estimated due date (Oct 30 - tomorrow) of baby Maggie approaches, but I'm glad I was able to stay distracted and happy with my wonderful husband this weekend. My current cycle is moving right along too. November 19th will be here before I even know it!

8 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures! this was a great anniversary gift idea! I will be thinking of you and Maggie tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I can feel tomorrow already weighing on me. I can't wait until October is over. I appreciate the kind words!

      Delete
    2. Happy anniversary! Looks like a lovely day you had.

      Sending you hugs for tomorrow. Hope you can find some peace with the day.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Sarah. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the perfect day!

    Many hugs to you tomorrow :( Never an easy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day. Thanks for the kind words, Melissa.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures. :)

    Happy Anniversary (a little late)!

    ReplyDelete