Friday, October 25, 2013

Where did my lining go?

I had my baseline appointment bright and early this morning. Seeing how my period still has not started, I expected them to see a thick lining on ultrasound and to tell me that I need to call once my period arrives so I can get another scan. I was positive I'd be delayed just like I was my first FET.

That didn't happen.

I'm shocked because my lining was only at 4mm and looked great to start estrace. I am just waiting for the bloodwork to confirm this. Fingers crossed!

Where in the heck does this lining go if I don't have a period? Did it just disappear into thin air? Did I digest it with the food I ate last night? LOL

Oh well, I'll quit asking questions and just go with it! I'm just going with the flow this cycle because I realize I can't make my body do anything it doesn't want to. It is what it is and in this case it's a good thing!

My RE moved to a new facility in Austin and today was my first visit there. It's really nice! I will be able to have my transfer at this location instead of having to drive 1.5 hours to the San Antonio location like I have been doing so far. It's a major load off my shoulders to know it's going to be a breeze to get to and back. And the icing on the cake is that I even found out they can do the bloodwork in-house. I should be getting a call with the estrogen levels in a couple of hours.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Wow that's great! I'm not sure why it would be so thin, reabsorbed by the body some how maybe? Or made thin by bcp maybe? Whatever, I guess that means you're a step ahead of where you thought! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be! But yes, I'm glad I'm a step ahead!

      Delete
  2. That's great! I also did not a period before this FET because my lining was only 2.5! I have no clue where it went...I think it forgot how to grow without drugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL maybe that's my body's problem. I realized I've only had one or two natural cycles in the past year with no meds! Crazy!

      Delete
  3. Hi Liz, I just found your blog. I did an internet search for "embryo donation Austin" and your blog was in the results. Could you share the name of your RE and/or the clinic? Four years ago when I was 36 and trying to conceive, I found out I was going through premature menopause. Since then I've tried to come to terms with not having kids due to my then-husband's opposition to egg donation or adoption. But now I'm divorced and reconsidering all options. A friend encouraged me to look into embryo donation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I'll be happy to talk to you about my clinic over email. But I'll warn you that they don't actually have an in-house donor embryo program. I had to find my own and they worked with me, but they don't have any there. There is another clinic in Austin who has been in the process of starting a donor embryo program, but they have been saying that for a year now. I also know of a clinic in Houston who has an embryo program with available embryos. If you want to email me at wishingonasnowflake at gmail dot com, I will be happy to discuss. Good luck! :)

      Delete