Monday, October 21, 2013

Onward and upward!

I took my last birth control pill last night. YAY! Good riddance to those things! I loathe them! Now I'm just on Lupron and have my baseline appointment on Friday. If all looks good, I'll start Estrace on Saturday. Less than a month left until transfer, people!

As for everything else, Kevin's mom is doing great. She went from being basically at death's door on the day of her surgery, to now doing so well that she's antsy to get out of the hospital! Her ordeal has been a huge distraction from cycling.  It's almost made cycling easy, I guess you could say. I'm basically on cycling auto-pilot as I help support Kevin and his family as his mom heals. Time has flown by!

No news on my dad's Argus II procedure. I'll post once I know more of what happens next.

The weather here has been beautiful. Austin tends to be insanely hot all Summer long and sometimes it drags out way into the Autumn season. But luckily this year the weather quickly changed to the cooler weather. On Saturday, Kevin and I were even able to light our first fire of the season in the fireplace. All Summer long I seriously look forward to the day we can do that. Ahhhhhh.....Fall is finally here. :)


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh it was! Kevin and I just snuggled on the couch talking the whole time it burned. It was so cozy!

      Delete
  2. So exciting! ET will be here before you know it!

    and that fire looks so relaxing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally was! And yes, I can't believe how fast time is zooming by!

      Delete
  3. Fall is my favorite season too. Except here in MN, today is the first frost of the season, and a high of only 39 degrees! Brrr.... too bad we don't have a fireplace at home coz it would be wonderful to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr....yeah that's cold! I grew up in Utah and I remember those frosty Falls! Aw man, wish you had a fireplace!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad things are moving right along and Kevin's mom is doing so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad his mom is doing well and the time is going fast! that certainly helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, less than one month! Will have my fingers crossed for you. Also glad to hear your mother-in-law is doing so well now! And that fire....oh it looks so heavenly. Especially as I sit here at work in multiple sweaters freezing because my office can't get their heating system in check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the fire was divine! I hope you warmed up a bit at your office :)

      Delete
  7. Liz, I am glad to hear your mother in law is quickly improving. I haven't blogged this, but when I was cycling for this current cycle, my son was in the hospital. The stress caused my body to not respond to meds as it had in the past. The cycle was almost canceled and everything flew by since I was so preoccupied with my son in the hospital. He was home less than 2 weeks and still was bed ridden and needed daily IV antibiotics. The Lord made a way and we went to our transfer. I was so relaxed this time and slept great the night before (probably fm exhaustion from the last few weeks of hopital time with my son). As you know the transfer went exeptionally well ;) and I will pray that this 3rd time goes exceptionally well for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been so stressful! I'm so glad you had such a positive outcome though. Thank goodness your son is doing better. I am almost wondering if all of this stress with Kevin's mom might help because I'm not stressed at all about the cycle. I can't believe how fast it's moving along, honestly. Maybe that's the trick? :) Congrats again on your amazing news!

      Delete