Saturday, October 12, 2013

Slowly but surely

I wanted to post a quick update on Kevin's mom. She's made slow but positive progress each and every day but remains in critical condition in the ICU. She is still heavily sedated and requires a ventilator, but we are hoping she can have the breathing tube removed today or tomorrow. She's recovering very slowly, but is at least headed in the right direction.

We've been visiting her pretty much daily even though she's not awake and may not know we are here. I wanted to feel like I was helping somehow so I dropped by her apartment, took a picture of her beloved cat, and framed it so it's here waiting for her when she wakes up. I hope it brings her some comfort.


As for my cycle, I start Lupron tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me. Kevin and I went ahead and got our flu shots today which my RE recommended doing. I'm moving right along. I have a feeling my transfer day is going to be here before I know it.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mil is making progress and hope she makes a full recovery sooner rather than later. Good luck as you move forward with your next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gla she is making progress! So nice of you to bring a comfort from home! I am sure time is going to fly between now and the FET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope she likes it! And I sure hope time flies!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear she is making progress and you're so sweet to think of little things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers! I'm glad she is doing better!

    ReplyDelete