Monday, April 7, 2014

Exciting daddy news

It's so much fun learning about Sammy's little personality while she is still in my tummy. I've now learned that she has an opinion about electronic music, especially that with a pulsing bass. For a few weeks now, she seems to get really active whenever I listen to house music, dub step, or any other dance music with a fast, loud bass line. I *think* that means she likes it, but perhaps she actually hates it and is protesting. Who knows? But it's funny to me that now I can count on her dancing around in there when I turn on a little Skrillex, ha!

That leads me to the update that I am so thrilled to share....

Yesterday, Kevin felt Sammy kick from the outside!

I didn't expect this to happen for quite a few more weeks. It happened while we were curled up on the couch watching the movie Pi (totally weird movie, by the way.) There is an electronica soundtrack with a heavy, pulsating bass. So in true Sammy fashion, she was bouncing around to her own little party in there, enjoying the movie in her own baby-ways. Since the movement was so constant, I had Kevin put his hand over the area she was kicking most, then BAM -  he got one swift kick! Just one, but one is enough!!! Until now, Kevin has only been able to hear me talk about it.  I am thrilled to be able to share this with him and I'm sure it will only get better as she grows. He loves his little girl so much!

13 comments:

  1. awww yay!!! And yeah, Life of Pi is super strange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I should have clarified, it was actually the movie Pi, not life of Pi. Both were good but Pi was just.....bizarre and disturbing! LOL

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! There's nothing like that moment when your husband can finally experience what you have been feeling all along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't been able to get him to feel since then. Hopefully again soon! So amazing indeed!

      Delete
  3. I hated the ending of that movie! (Why didn't he look back!)

    Happy that Kevin got to feel Sammy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life of Pi was really good too and sat with me for a while! I should have put a link, it was actually the movie "Pie" (from the 90s.) So freaky, weird, and disturbing! Life of Pi made me sad! :(

      Delete
  4. Bet Kevin thought it was a treat that Sammy gave him a karate kick! Love your updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did! :) Thanks for being a reader and commenter. *hugs to you*

      Delete
  5. That is awesome! It took my husband forever to feel his first kick. He was getting a complex!

    ReplyDelete