Monday, November 11, 2013

Deck the halls

I know...I know....It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

But Kevin and I decided to get out the Christmas tree and decor last night. Don't judge. :)

In years past, we've taken it out no earlier than Thanksgiving day. But this year, Kevin said on multiple occasions how much he wanted to get it out even earlier. I was hesitant because it's waaaaaay early. But I finally gave in when he pointed out that we could at least enjoy it a few weeks early just in case we bad news about our cycle in December. He had a good point. I remember how his birthday went this year after the miscarriage news and it was just awful. So what do we have to lose by having it out a couple weeks early? If the cycle is success we get an extended season in this house. We aren't decorating the outside yet so no one else has to know but us.....and well, you guys. :)

So we got out the egg nog, turned on the Christmas music, and dragged the tree down. We put it together, hung wreaths, and decorated the fireplace. We aren't quite done yet, but it was fun getting it started. I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can. I never know when those sad days are going to hit me, but luckily last night was a happy one.

The explosion of Christmas stuff as it all was laid out

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Our miniature keepsake tree is decorated!



21 comments:

  1. Liz, it looks amazing. I love decorating for Christmas! I plan our annual holiday party early every year so I can get a jump start on decorating! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. :) We also host an annual Christmas party so that was on my mind getting this out early too! :)

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful! Praying that you guys get an extra special Christmas present this year. Keeping hope for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas decor is looking good! I'm hoping you have the merriest Christmas of all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have a long way to go, but it's coming along. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I say the holidays begin whenever you start feeling festive! Plus we got snow today, so why not!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, no regrets on doing it! And hey...if you got snow, then it's the Christmas season, dang it! :) Haha

      Delete
  5. Liz, I love this! Now I feel like pulling out my Christmas decorations too! But first I got to pack for TN! Excited for you upcoming transfer as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolol! You should! Lets pretend its early Christmas together! FX for you!

      Delete
  6. Thanksgiving is only two weeks away, so it's not THAT early! Besides, all the holiday stuff is what makes Christmas so fun! This way you get to enjoy it that much longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is beautiful! I completely second the idea of decorating early but truly hope you get to keep celebrating this season. Good luck with your next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, boy - I have been fighting the urge to get my tree up lately. Christmas is everywhere! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to enjoy Christmas for as long as you can. And I agree with the above poster, your house is gorgeous! I pray that you will have a whole lot to celebrate this Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll probably put up decorations before Thanksgiving, too. I'm already listening to Christmas music! You're decorations are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad I'm not alone! This is the first year we've even considered doing it before Thanksgiving. :) Enjoy your Christmas season and thanks for the kind words!

      Delete