Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Transfer complete! Meet the twiblings.

I am thrilled to announce that the final embryo from Vicky's batch DID survive thaw and grew perfectly alongside Libby's! And at exactly 8:22:38am CST I met both of them for the very first time as they were transferred to my uterus.

The transfer went perfectly and I'm typing this post with two very special twiblings on board! What is a twibling, you ask? Here's the Webster's definition.

twibling


noun\ˈtwi·bling\
one of two babies who are not genetically related to each other or to the mother they grow inside of

Okay, I totally made that up. But get used to that word, because I'm going to be using that term to refer to these very special snowflakes - hopefully for another nine months (and beyond!)

And with no further ado, I introduce to you our beloved twiblings:

Vicky's is left and Libby's is right. Each came from a different coast of the USA to meet in the middle here in Texas!

I was not feeling very good this morning both emotionally and physically. I think the doxycycline has been making me very nauseated in the mornings and I had a very high level of anxiety not knowing what the results of thaw would be. But the moment the embryologist came in our room and said the words "they both survived thaw and are doing perfect" I felt tears of joy well up in my eyes. I haven't felt this happy in a very long time. What a relief that they both made it! I am excited that this is the way this part of the story is written.

After transfer, the embryologist offered me some souvenirs: the straw Libby's embryo was shipped/stored in, the vial Vicky's was shipped/stored in, and the petri dish where they met and grew together today. How cool are these? I'm so lucky to have such special souvenirs!


Snuggle in, my beloved snowflake twiblings. We would love nothing more than to hold you in our arms in August.

Thank you for your prayers!

64 comments:

  1. Just wishing you luck! I am hoping this will be it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lucky wishing! I could use as much as I can get! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Such good news! I hope they burrow in deep, and you end this journey with two healthy, happy twiblings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is so sweet! I'm so thrilled you got the very best news! Prayers for you and your twinbling snowflakes! I hope it's the first page in a long and happy story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, I really wasn't expecting this to happen. Unreal! Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  4. great great!!! get comfy embies! thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snuggle in Embies!!! Praying for all 4 of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! I'm so glad Vicki's embryo survived. Hope they settle in :) I think it's amazing that you have twinblings in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such great news. Welcome home little embies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got goosebumps reading your post. I'm still praying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that's sweet. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  9. That's awesome! Praying for your miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Praying for sticky little embies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being PUPO! Sending nothing but love and positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love and positive thoughts!

      Delete
  12. Sending you good wishes and praying for you! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so exciting! Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful news!!! Stick babies stick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to be able to say it happened!

      Delete
  16. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Stick and grow, little twiblings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I hope they do settle in nicely!

      Delete
  18. Goosebumps abound!!! I am so happy to read this post :-) what a wonderful beginning--welcome, twiblings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to be able to write it! yay! Thank you!!

      Delete
  19. I love your new term! That was so sweet of the embryologist to save some souveniers for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I agree it was very sweet! I'm so glad I was able to keep them!

      Delete
  20. You ass I totally fell for that definition!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations -- and what awesome souvenirs! I'd wondered what the straws used look like, and now I know!

    I'm hoping very hard that you are going to have success this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I never knew and now I do! Thank you so much for the prayers!

      Delete
  22. Amazing news! I am so happy for you! Snuggle in the twiblings! Your Mommy has so much love to give you! And how wonderful that your embryologist gave you such special souvenirs! What an awesome memento to hopefully show your little ones some day! Congrats and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I'm really hoping this is IT! :)

      Delete
  23. Yay!!! I really hope this is it for you! I've got everything crossed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Prayers and Godspeed :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Liz, so excited for you! I love the term "twinbling"! And autocorrect on my phone want to change it to twinkling. LOL! I hope this is it for you. And if you have twins, what an amazing story it will be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's cute too: twinkling! Or how about twinkies? ;-) I'm really hoping this is it!

      Delete
  26. How exciting.Praying for you and your twiblings. Can't wait to hear how everything goes.Stay positive.All the best.:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What an adventure! I hope these are the ones. <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome souvenirs! :) And twiblings...perfect, I love it. lol. Stick babies, stick!!

    ReplyDelete