Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Welcome to Austin!

Out of the blue yesterday, my embryologist emailed me to tell me that she had transported our snowflakes from San Antonio to Austin and they were tucked in all safe and sound. We are excited to be doing our transfer in Austin instead of San Antonio this time because our RE opened up a brand new location here last month. This means that we won't have to make the long trek to San Antonio on transfer day!

I had no idea they were even moving them this early, but I'm happy to know they made it! Kevin was just asking me on Saturday how they planned to get them from San Antonio to Austin. I told him that they will be driving them, simple as that. He was a little concerned about our snowflakes getting in a car accident. But I reminded him that two of these embryos flew all the way from the west coast and one from the east coast, and had to be transported on the ground in a FedEx truck. So a little 1.5 hour drive would be small potatoes comparatively. But still, a snowflake dad worries! I'm honestly glad I had no idea yesterday would be the day they moved so I didn't have to worry as it was happening, but I'm also glad that my embryologist let me know they made it. I love knowing they are in the same city as me! Is that weird!? Welcome to Austin, little guys! It's a great city and you're going to love it here.



On Sunday, Kevin and I went to get breakfast at a mom-and-pop diner. They always serve their coffee in an assortment of random mugs that they've collected over the years. Check out the mug they served Kevin's coffee in! I hope it's a sign of good luck.

November 19th is just two weeks from today, friends!


15 comments:

  1. So glad that you did not have to worry during their trip and that thy made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep Austin weird little snowflakes! lol

    Love the snowflake mug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mug!!

    I was going to tell you guys that you should take a pic by the "Welcome to Austin" mural, but I just read that it's gone!! Thankfully, it's coming back. We did a photo shoot there before we left TX *sniff sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      For some reason I heard they were re-doing it, but I'm not sure. Aww, Texas (and we) misses you!

      Delete
  4. Welcome snowflakes!!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Snowflakes came from Texas to Michigan. The day they traveled was a stressful one, and I wished I didn't know they were in route until they were safe and sound. They are now at the lab about 40 minutes from us. We drive by there every Sunday after church on our way to lunch before heading home. I always do a little wave as we drive by. :)

    Glad to know they made it safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is something cool about knowing they are nearby. I love that you wave at yours! Glad yours made it safe and sound too!

      Delete
  6. I think you should contact that mom-and-pop diner, explain what is going on and see if you can acquire that cup for him as a surprise! I'll bet they would love for you to have it! Keeping a check on you and your snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go there from time to time, so I should ask them! Good idea!

      Delete
  7. I don't think it's weird at all. Starting to cross all the fingers and toes for you.

    ReplyDelete