Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's here......

Its here! No, not my bathrobe....instead it's the cold that I was fighting so desperately to avoid. It's here, because it woke me up last night with the tell-tale sign of a sore throat and congestion. I called my RE and asked again desperately if there were any effective meds that I could take, and the girl who answered said "did anyone send you the list of approved medications?" No, they had not. I'm a little frustrated that I've called them a three times with questions about specific cold meds and only now they decide to tell me there's a simple list to refer to. *sigh*

Tylenol cold night and day formulas are apparently safe so I guess I will keep the bottles nearby over the next few days even though Tylenol general does nothing for me. I have a meeting with my boss this morning, and a couple of other meetings tomorrow for work that I'd rather not cancel, so I hope I can push through this and make it to the weekend. But oh how I just want to stay at home in bed! Thanks for listening to me whine.

Now off to blow my nose, gargle, and take my Lupron shot. :)

12 comments:

  1. Ugh!! You would think with the amount of money we are forking out to our clinics, they would be more helpful. Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) Thanks so much, it hasn't hit me full blast yet so I haven't waved the surrender flag quite yet.... ;-)

      Delete
  2. This is just preparing you for all of the exhuastion and balancing of motherhood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the list from my Family OB doctors clinic. It's a Godsend! Sorry that you're sick though! Hopefully the robe will come soon and you'll be able to snuggle up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Malia! I'm surprised how conservative my RE's list is, especially when I've seen actual OB's lists be much more liberal. Oh well, anything for baby. :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! And that your bathroom arrives today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am sympathetically have a cold with you! =) Good luck and hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're sick also? Hopefully you get better soon too!

      Delete