Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Oooh an award!

My fellow Embryo Adoption blogger friend, Jess at A Greater Yes nominated me for the Liebster award yesterday! Fun! Thanks, Jess! 

This award is given to new or up-and coming-bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers!

If you receive a nomination, there are a few rules to follow:


1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.
3) Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate.
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post.
5) Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!

Okay, here goes. 11 things about me:
1) I love artichokes. They are my favorite food ever! I dip them in a sauce made of mayo and mustard.

2) I'm really afraid of robots, especially ones with glowing red eyes and scary robotty voices.
3) I'm a big fan of misfit animals. Three legged, one eyed, toothless messes have a special place in my heart.
4) My dad's side of the family has a hereditary degenerative retina disease called retinitis pigmentosa. My dad is blind and has been since I was four years old and most of my aunts and uncles are too.
5) I dyed my hair purple in high school.
6) I lived in the San Francisco Bay area for ten years before moving to Texas in 2009.
7) I cannot stand goat cheese. Blech.
8) I didn't read very much until I got a Kindle in 2010. Now I can't stop!
9) My guilty pleasure is the Real Housewives of Anywhere. I don't know why but I am thoroughly entertained by all of them.
10) I've never watched any of the Star Wars movies from beginning to end. I've only seen bits and pieces.
11) My husband and I have a word for when we are thinking the same thing at the same time. We say pelican. Long story, but now it's just a part of our vocabulary.

Here are Jess' questions for me:


1. Do you have any siblings? Yes, two younger brothers.
2. Which season do you love best? Winter. Texas summers are so brutally hot that I daydream about sitting cozily in front of a fireplace while it's freezing outside.
3. What is your favorite genre of television shows? I'm embarrassed to say, but reality. Ahh what is wrong with me??
4. What is your fave activity? Laying on a white-sand beach by a beautiful, clear-blue ocean with my husband.
5. Desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone...which do you prefer? Depends on what I need to do, but probably overall I'd say laptop since it's most versatile and least limiting.
6. If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be? Betty White. I think she's so cute and funny, and a little raunchy!

7. If you owned a private jet where would you go tonight for dinner? Turks and Caicos for a scallop appetizer at a restaurant called The Mango Reef. Best.Food.EVER.
8. Are you musically inclined? I took 12 years of piano lessons as a kid and got pretty good, so I'll say yes.
9. If you could change your career choice would you? And to what? I like my job a lot, but if money were not an issue I'd start my own animal rescue.
10. Do you shave your legs int he winter? Yes!
11. Real or fake Christmas tree? Pros and cons to both, but we bought a beautiful fake tree last Christmas and I used a Bath and Body Works plug-in evergreen scent nearby and got the best of both worlds! I couldn't be happier with it - no needles falling everywhere and the room smelled like Christmas!


And here are my questions for the nominees:
1) What is the best vacation you ever had?
2) What makes you most angry?
3) What is your most cherished childhood memory?
4) What is your favorite time of day?
5) How would you describe your fashion style?
6) If you could have a super-power, what would it be and why?
7) What is one food that you will not eat?
8) Describe an activity that you think is truly romantic.
9) If you had to pick one place in your town to be a tourist, where would you go and why?
10) What is the one cause that you feel most passionate about?
11) What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?

And my nominees for the Liebster are.....(sorry I couldn't think of 11 that weren't already nominated by Jess. I'll add more later if I can think of some!)


1) Kate at Jim & Kate plus 8....8 doctors, that is.

2) Malia at Adoption Homestead
3) Meg at Waiting for Baby Spice


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I don't think I'll do it, though. With the preggo brain I just can't think up 11 random facts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I like those little facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! :)
    I'll do my best to fill it out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete