Saturday, September 21, 2013

Beta #1 results

My beta came back at 12 at 8dp6dt.

This is right about where I thought it would be because I had guessed it to be around 10. Monday's beta results should be more telling since we will see what the rise (or lack of rise) actually is. I really hope it's definitive either way. That's my biggest wish - either massively rise or drop because the dragging out of the last miscarriage is what killed us. But honestly, I'm finding myself at peace with this pregnancy not working out. As hard as it is to lose another baby, and as sad as I'll be that this baby wasn't meant to be a baby to hold on earth, I'm ready to look to the future.

Libby called yesterday and we had an amazing conversation. The first part was me sobbing, but the second part was us talking about next steps if these embryos don't result in a family for us. I'm not quite ready to say what our plan is yet, at least not until we know more about the outcome of this pregnancy, but I feel like we certainly have a good plan in place. And it was really helpful for Libby to draw it out of me. Not only did Libby show her overwhelming support for next steps, but kept reassuring me what a promising outlook it had for us. It's helped me to stay optimistic even if this cycle, or any future cycles with these embryos don't result in a baby. I will never give up. Ever. This will not be where our journey ends.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. They have brought us a feeling of peace, hope, and comfort during such a difficult time.

12 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of hugs! I'm glad you were able to talk it out and find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up Liz, I've sat here for a good hour trying to decide if I should post this comment or not because I don't mean to give you false hope-I know that can be more hurtful than helpful- however, I decided to tell you, with my first my beta at 5 weeks 3 days was 156. If that had doubled from 4 weeks, that would have made my 4 weeks beta a whopping 5. So you are more than double that :) I have been following your blog since before your first pregnancy and I just have a good feeling about this one- for whatever that is worth.

    Either way, I'm glad that you have found peace with whatever way you and your husband become parents. There are many paths to that place and you will get there.

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that Monday brings the news you are hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your miracle! We had 2 unsuccessful FETs and then became parents to an amazing little girl through domestic adoption. We know that God led us to embryo adoption for a specific reason, even though it didn't result in growing our family here on earth. I can't wait to meet those precious babies in heaven someday! I'm so thankful for God's perfect timing and His plan, even though it wasn't always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying that your beta on Monday will give you good news and the reassurance that thing are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo very thankful to hear you are doing ok and that you had a chance to have a good talk with Libby:) There is a reason God led you to her embryos and I'm thankful that even in the midst of heartache as you wait, God is able to use her in your life! Waiting anxiously with you for Monday.....Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://community.babycenter.com/post/a26931617/hope_for_anyone_with_a_low_beta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry.

    In my experience, starting with a beta that low, it will normally increase, but not to an encouraging number. More like to 14 or something.

    Again, I am so sorry, and here to offer support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you are not feeling hopeful and that this has left you in limbo. It's amazing to hear how good your relationship is with Libby, your donor. That must be really helpful right now. Sending love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you! I am glad you've got a plan in mind, but hopefully you won't need it.

    (My beta at 14 DPO was only 12.7 and my pregnancy progressed normally. I just implanted late. I hope it's the same for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you have such wonderful support from Libby. She sounds like an amazing woman. I hope that your 2nd beta was able to give you difinitive results.

    ReplyDelete