Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Our Magnolia memorial

Kevin planted our memorial tree in memory of our snowflake baby this afternoon. We didn't quite know what to get, but when we came across a beautiful Little Gem Magnolia Tree tree at the nursery, we just knew it was the right one. It blooms beautiful flowers from May through October. I always felt like this baby was a little girl, and she deserved a name. So I named her Magnolia. Mommy and Daddy will always love you and will miss you, Baby Maggie.




While at the nursery, we found the perfect statue to go next to the tree:. A sleeping angel baby. I will always be able to look out of my window and see my precious Magnolia growing strong. She may not have ever been in my arms, but she will be forever in my heart. I know I will meet her someday in heaven and grandma is with her watching over her until I join them.


We are so blessed to have such an outpouring of love and sympathy today. I thank God for our friends and family, my incredible and caring doctors, and you as my blog readers. You have helped me feel that I'm not alone during this excruciatingly painful time. Thank you so much for the support.

19 comments:

  1. What a perfect gesture. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, that is soooo beautiful. Little Maggie, what a precious blessing she has been in her short stay here on earth! Love and hugs to you both! - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying. Such a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart just hurts for you. What a sweet way to honor your blessed Maggie. She will always be your angel watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears and hugs. What a beautiful tree for a beautiful snowflake baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree and the name. Beautiful! I'm feelin inspired to do the same for the baby we lost in the fall. It was Keller's genetic sibling. I love the statue too! Praying for your heart in the next few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi from iclw.
    i love your tree and the name. your remembrance is so special.
    im sorry about your loss & sending you all my hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It's so perfect and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shared your story with my DH and his eyes filled with tear. His heart goes out to you and your hubby. I cant stop thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful memorial for little Maggie! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss. The memorial is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the memorial! So sorry for your loss. Sent up prayers for you today. KDB95 from BC

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful memorial for your baby Magnolia. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, and perfect. I love it.
    I hope you two are able to find some comfort and peace in the coming weeks. *so much love*

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful name you have given your sweet girl. This is a beautiful tribute. Holding you and your husband and baby Maggie in my heart, and sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful name for your baby, and a beautiful tree to remember her by.

    ReplyDelete