Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A pillow that chases cats

Finding my muchness - Day 7

A few months ago, our little seven-pound cat Chloe managed to get her dainty little collar attached to a heavy decor pillow from our bed. She came flying around the corner of the hallway into the living room with this giant pillow stuck to her, totally freaking out. I wish I could say it wasn't funny, but *giggle* it was. I felt bad for her because she was so panicked having this pillow chase her, but there was no threat of real harm since it was a stretchy break-away collar.

I didn't think anything else of it until this morning I found the same pillow in the corner of the bedroom with a broken collar next to it. It seems the infamous killer pillow tried to chase her down yet again and this time it won.

Here's the busted collar. I figured we'd need to get her a new one

I decided to head to the pet store and brought Oscar along since he doesn't get out as much as I'm sure he'd like to. So the two of us hopped in the car and headed to Pet.co. We browsed up and down the aisles. We made friends with another rescue dog named Betsy who looked like a pit bull crossed with an Oreo cookie. And then we bought some pumpkin "Wag more, Bark Less" treats that Oscar picked out himself. And last on our list, Oscar and I picked out a sparkly pink collar for little miss Chloe. Hopefully this one doesn't attract stalker pillows and it will finally leave her alone.

We had so much fun at the store that I forgot to take a picture of him while we were there. But at least I captured the smile he had on his doggy face when we got home.


I found my muchness today in a cat-chasing pillow that led to a trip to the pet store with my brindle four-legged buddy.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post!! And, personally, I would never complain about more pictures of your furry friends! ;)

    Cats get spooked by the strangest things... ours run away whenever my husband sneezes. To the point that they run away whenever he sharply inhales!

    And I hope when your testing comes back, there's nothing to worry about -- or if their is, it's easily treatable! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL oh good because I love my little fur family so much that I'm sure I'll be posting more.
      Thanks for the wishes for good test results :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL yes, poor Chloe. She's such a goober. :)

      Delete
  3. Haha! That is funny, although I'm sure Chloe doesn't think so :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe is grumpy 99% of the time. I think she's the female version of the grumpy cat that is a viral sensation. It was funny to see it all go down though lol

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the good laugh!! Poor kitty! :)

    ReplyDelete