Saturday, April 20, 2013

Overwhelmed by an act of kindness

Finding my muchness - Day 11

Yesterday Kevin brought in the mail and I was surprised to find a small package addressed to me. However, I didn't recognize the name on the return address.

I tore it open and to my surprise, inside was a card and a small box from a blog reader! The card was so sweet and uplifting and was intended to brighten my day. And it did that more than words can even express.

I opened the box and inside was this necklace. I shot a photo with my new camera and it actually captured the beauty!


I was speechless! It was a beautiful snowflake necklace with a little "M" for Maggie. It also had a beautiful blue bead.  It brought tears to my eyes. 

I recently wrote a post about the impact of being kind to strangers but this package had to have been sent before I even wrote that. Not that it would have mattered if it hadn't. :)  This was so powerful and I am so touched at the gesture. I want to pay this forward, and I certainly will.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Lara!

I found my muchness in an incredibly kind gesture from a stranger. 

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! You really captured its beauty in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very very special. Lara is a very compassionate lady! I love her :) I hope your time of healing has been full of the Lord's tender mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is incredible! Renews your faith in human goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so sweet. I'm so grateful for you and this community every day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW- Nice to meet you! How beautiful and inspiring... people never fail to surprise me in good ways. Hugs to you on your difficult journey- you certainly deserve a little kindness in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise that must have been. So incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gesture and gift. Really touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... how very touching... and a lovely necklace. here from ICLW, so nice to read your story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool! Love the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That us beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi kind! It's very pretty :)

    ICLW #61

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here from ICLW - that is a beautiful necklace, and so thoughtful of the person who sent it to you! I'm often amazed at how people who start as blog friends can turn into real-life, close friends.

    ReplyDelete