Saturday, April 13, 2013

I decided on a camera

Finding my muchness - Day 4

As mentioned in yesterday's post, I've decided to take up photography as a hobby. Well, after researching a whole bunch of cameras and deliberating between a Sony and a couple of Canons, I finally decided on the Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR!


The local camera shop we visited today in Austin had it and we were able to check it out in person. My professional photographer friend Candace suggested just buying a camera body and then getting a 50mm f/1.8 lens separate to start. Unfortunately, the local camera shop wanted hundreds of dollars more than the online shop Candace suggested, so I opted to buy both the camera and the lens online to save the money. A BIG thanks to Candace for all of her help with my questions and decision making!

Of course, I had to get a cute bag from Amazon to carry it around. Now I can't wait for it all to arrive.

I can't wait to start taking photos!

I found my muchness in ordering a new toy and in the hope for a new hobby. Oh, the anticipation. :)



13 comments:

  1. That's the camera I have! It's great! Hope you enjoy your new toy and hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! I did a TON of research and it seems like it's going to be a great camera. I hope you enjoy yours!!

      Delete
  2. Great pick! You will love it! I just have the rebel, but am having so much fun learning. That is the 1 st lens I bought (besides for the 2 kit lenses that came with it) & it is on my camera 90% of the time. Once you learn to shoot manual it is an even more amazing lens. Enjoy your new hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I seriously could jump out of my skin with excitement!! I'm glad you've had a good time with your rebel and additional lenses. I'll be taking a class in May to learn the basics of SLR photography. Yippee!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I can't wait to see some photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so excited, it's like Christmas. :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've made some good choices. Have fun! :) I just spent a few hours outside with my camera yesterday, taking photos of leaves coming out on the trees and other springtime stuff. There's something about looking through a lens that really helps me to notice the wonderful details (the "muchnesses," maybe?) that are so easy to overlook at other times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love it. I see so much beauty all around and I can't wait to try to learn the technical aspects to capture it. :) So much muchness!

      Delete
  5. I love Canons. We have the 7D, but before that, we had Rebels and a couple of others. (We're talking going back to the age of film here.)

    Have fun with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like yours! I'm really looking forward to figuring it all out and playing with it. :)

      Delete
  6. I hope you LOVE it!
    I hear that Canons fit in ladies hands better than Nikons. I know that is a weird thing to comment on, but that's what I've heard.... that typically women like them better because women tend to have smaller hands than men, and they just FIT better.
    :)
    There's some randomness for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I actually liked the feel much better than the Nikon that we were looking at, but I'm really pleased with the one we picked. Can't wait for it to arrive.

      LOL thanks for the randomness!

      Delete
  7. Ooohhhhh, makes me want to go buy a camera!! Congrats on your purchase. Can't wait to start seeing your pics!

    ReplyDelete