Monday, April 1, 2013

We are looking for embryos. Do you know of any?

In the past few weeks, Kevin and I have done a lot of thinking about and talking about next steps. The fact is that even though we are struggling just to have our first child right now, we would eventually like more than one someday. So that being said, it makes sense for us to start looking for more embryos now and have them ready for our upcoming FET as well as some frozen for future siblings. Of course we would love for our final remaining embryo to make it. But given how much money, time, and resources go into a transfer, we would be devastated if that final snowflake didn't survive thaw and that was our only shot. And it sounds like there's a good chance of that scenario unfolding based on what the embryologist said about it's chances. If it did survive thaw, we would love to have another good embryo to transfer with it. So that being said, it makes sense to start looking now. I talked to our previous donor Vicky and she is incredibly supportive and understands our desire to be parents and is cheering us on. I pray with everything I have that we find more and find them fairly quickly since waiting to find embryos last year was some of the most depressing times of my life. Hope changes to hopelessness quickly when you have no leads on the horizon.

Today's post is a plea to anyone who might be considering donating their remaining embryos to a couple, or to anyone who knows someone who is considering donating. We wish to be parents so much and have so much love to give. And having adopted embryos before, we are very familiar with how the process works and can do most of the leg work to make it happen. We will arrange for costs associated with shipping and drawing up the legal agreement. We just need a willing donor with embryos who wishes to give them a chance at life and wishes to give another loving couple the opportunity to be parents. And trust me, this process is much easier than it sounds.

If you are new to my blog, please know that we loved our adopted embryos so much. We put all of our heart and soul into them and their potential futures and it devastated us beyond comprehension us to lose two at thaw. Then to miscarry... words cannot express the love we had for our baby and the sorrow we feel now that she is lost. Know that we would love any future embryos just the same. We are dedicated to giving any received embryos their deserved chance at life.  I hope anyone reading my blog can see the dedication and love we had, and would have for any embryos we received. And while we felt it was a blessing knowing our donor in our open adoption relationship, we are open to any type of situation that a potential embryo donor might be interested in (open, semi-open, or closed.)

If you have embryos to donate or know someone who does, please email me at wishingonasnowflake@gmail.com and we will answer any and all questions you have. We have so much to give and we are an open book!


30 comments:

  1. Hey Liz, have you heard of Lost and Found? Its a way to reach out to other bloggers. They might be able to send our your request to a lot of people! http://lostandfoundandconnectionsabound.blogspot.com/2013/04/775th-issue-of-lfca.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I'll check this out! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Wishing you quick success finding embryos! The love you have to offer is so obvious in your blog. Someone with embryos to donate would be so blessed in choosing you. I hope your dreams come true soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for the kind words. This made me smile. :)

      Delete
  3. Praying for you, Liz! I'm sorry I don't have any leads, as I am an EA mommy like you. We went through Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park and they are wonderful to work with and we were matched in just a few months from submitting all of our paperwork and photo book. I know an agency is extra cost, but just thought I would mention it as an option in case you need it. BLESSINGS TO YOU! - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers! We aren't opposed to any option, but are hoping to find embryos privately first. Fingers crossed but will not rule anything out. :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. I think it's a great idea to find more embryos now! Best wishes for a quick match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope it's quick too!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you are moving forward. I hope you find a match soon. Have you looked into donor embryo's? This is what we are doing through my clinic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have looked into clinics, but most of them have a waiting list. Ours is getting a program ready, but they've been saying that for close to 8 months now. :( While we are comfortable with any scenario (open/semi-open/anonymous) we'd like to try to explore the open scenarios first which is why we want to try to be privately matched. The right thing will make itself known when it's right, I just know it. :)

      Delete
  6. Wishing you well in your search for a donor family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. I am currently in the process of adopting embryos from NEDC in TN. They are at http://www.embryodonation.org/. They are an agency and clinic that does embryo adoptions, but you will need a home study done to go through them. Not sure if that is something you would consider. We were going through international adoption through a local agency but decided to pursue embryo adoption instead. So we will be using our home study from the international adoption for the embryos thru NEDC. The good thing with NEDC is they have lots of profiles of couples that have already agreed to donate their embryos that you can select to get matched with. And you can do either open or closed adoption. Also, all they embryos are already at the clinic or will be shipped to the clinic once matched. They also have you select back up embryos in the event the embryos don't survive the thaw. The other reason why we decided to go with NEDC is we met a couple that were going thru them and they now have a wonderful set of twins. My friends LOVE NEDC, and I've only heard good things about them.

    The other option is Miracles Waiting. http://www.miracleswaiting.org/. They are a place/bulletin board for potential donors and recipients to meet and find matches. I've never used them, but have looked into it. I think there may be a fee to join the site.

    Sorry I don't have any embryos to donate, but I am also on the receiving end, so I can relate a little to what you are going through. I am so sorry things have not worked out for you so far, but I am praying for you and following you on your progress. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting! We are hoping to find some privately first, but aren't ruling anything out. Also, we've had a profile on Miracles Waiting since November 2012 and while we've had a couple of "bites", they've dropped off the face of the planet after some communication. It was very painful when this happened. :( We will definitely keep NEDC in mind if looking privately doesn't work out.

      Delete
  8. We have LOVED the NEDC as well, but I am thinking that it may be more expensive to get matched through them than to find someone privately. Have you already looked into that? Their clinic does make it super easy though and the staff are so wonderful. They are all believers I think. Praying for you and for God's perfect plan to unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck. Awesome that you are moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just stumbled across your blog (I'm from the UK) but want to send love and prayers that you get the perfect embryo match and have your longed for little one soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for commenting!

      Delete
  11. Godspeed! I would agree with the NEDC recommendation, but if you don't already have a home study done, it would take longer.

    Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about the NEDC. We will definitely keep them in mind. :)

      Delete
  12. Good luck in your search Liz. I know that you and Kevin will have your baby in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope you're right SO much!

      Delete
  13. We used the NEDC too and loved them! If you can privately find embryos, great! But if u decide to pursue embryos thru at agency, I highly recommend the NEDC! Snowflakes is also a good option as I know many families who have had good experiences adopting embryo they them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely keep that in mind! :) Thanks so much.

      Delete
  14. I've been thinking about you a lot... have you found some embryos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're so sweet! We do have a lead on two embryos that are only three hours away here in Texas but there's nothing solid on them quite yet. The donor sadly had a tragic death in the family the day we were discussing it so we are giving them time to work through that before discussing it further. I'm hoping it works out because her son is adorable beyond words and they seem like a really wonderful couple!

      Delete
    2. That's so sad about her loss, but great news about the embryos! I'm sure you will keep us posted, I look forward to reading. You guys seem like such a wonderful family and I'm sure you will make great parents!

      Delete