Saturday, February 9, 2013

Update #2 on our thawed Snowflakes

I have been carrying around my phone all morning to assure myself that I wouldn't miss the call from the lab. But of course I step away for just one minute to grab some bathroom cleaner from the closet and miss the phone ringing. It was them! The embryologist left a long message with the following details.

Embryos:
Today would put our embryos at Day 3. They want to see embryos grow by now to somewhere between 5 and 10 cells. Three of our four are already at around 8 or 9 cells! Way to go, little ones!
The fourth is at only three cells. But considering that yesterday it had not started splitting at all, I consider this progress. Vicky mentioned that one of her embryos had a slow start but eventually caught up so I hope that is what ends up being the case with this little straggler.

The fifth blastocyst is still waiting in the wings ready to be thawed on Monday if for some reason we don't get two beautiful embryos from the four.

Transfer appointment:
We will be arriving at the clinic on Monday, Feb 11 at 9:30am CST for a 10:00am transfer. I could use any and all prayers you have that you have for us. God has clearly heard our prayers for bringing us this far. I am still in awe that we are here after enduring so much pain in recent years.

After listening to the embryologist's voicemail, Kevin and I shared a big hug. We are filled with hope and can't believe we are just over a day away from meeting these little ones!

My next update should be after the transfer! Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm if you're fighting off some snow.

I'm in love with a little snow....five snowflakes, to be specific. :)

21 comments:

  1. Great news so far! Can't wait to hear the transfer details. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the support! We are so excited too!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful! I'll keep my fingers crossed they continue to grow strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through another family. Congratulations on your upcoming FET. We are going through our 2nd EA with Snowflakes. Our FET is scheduled for 3/20 at the NEDC. Long story how we are with Snowflakes but going to the NEDC for the transfer. : ) I'll check back with you. Praying all your little ones survive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and saying prayers for us. I will be praying for your FET in March. I love success stories and will check out your blog too! :)

      Delete
  5. That is such awesome news! Grow lil' snowflakes, grow! I'll be thinking of you guys come Monday *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candace! It's such a big day, we appreciate all of the support!

      Delete
  6. very exciting!!! keep growing strong snowflakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! grow grow grow grow grow grow grow grow grow grow :)

      Delete
  7. I will keeping praying for you and your lil embies.Sounds like you have some strong ones in that bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It means the world to me!

      Delete
  8. YAY!!! Good luck Monday!!!! I'll be praying. Pray for our US thats Monday also please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Sending you all kinds of prayers and luck!

      Delete
  9. So excited for you! I am praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We appreciate the support so much!

      Delete
  10. I will keep you in my prayers like room for more we have a transfer same day in march w/ nedc. Yesterday when the snow was falling that is what first came to my mind our little snowflake babies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you all kinds of positive vibes and prayers for your March transfer. :) Snow definitely has a new meaning for those of us who are involved in embryo adoption.

      Delete
  11. Such encouraging news!! You will be in our prayers in the coming days! Praying for a smooth transfer and sticky little beans!

    ReplyDelete