Friday, February 1, 2013

Here's some half-news

I went in for my ultrasound and blood work this morning. They were looking at my uterine lining and my estrogen levels to determine if we are on track for our February 11th transfer. My RE wants to see my lining above 8mm and my estrogen levels to be above 250.

Here's the first half of my news: My lining is at 11.34mm. YAY! I was joking with my husband that my lining is like a pillow-top tempurpedic mattress - all cushy and comfy just waiting for our little snowflakes to snuggle in for the long haul.

Lining, check!

Now onto the other half: estrogen levels.

Being the neurotic weirdo that I am, I asked if my nurse would call me back with my blood work results even if they were above 250 so that I'd have a concrete answer and I could put my mind at ease.  She said she would. I have been sitting by the phone waiting for the call, but I haven't heard from her yet.

Normally, they'd only call if the estrogen levels were too low and I needed to increase my medication. Normally they get lab results in and call-outs done before 3pm.

Anyway, I'm nervous. If I don't get a call by 7pm which is way beyond comprehension for a bloodwork result call to come in, I'll assume I'm golden and we are a go for Feb 11th. Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

  1. It all sounds pretty good to me!! I say go with the fact they forgot to call because they don't usually call if the number is good. Woo-Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the number was a little lower than they wanted but it's still good enough to move forward. Yippee! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. woo hoo! Way to go lining!!!

    ReplyDelete