Sunday, August 4, 2013

Daydreams

Ahhh....I feel like such a weight has been lifted! Friday's news was wonderful! My spirits are high once again, and I'm full of hope. In fact, I was out shopping yesterday and managed to stop by the baby section to browse for a children's book or two. That is saying a lot! I usually avoid the baby section like the plague. It's just too hard. Along our journey, I have started a kid's book collection. The memories of my mom reading books to me are some of my most cherished. Dreaming of the day I get to have our child's sleepy little body curled up on my lap as I read to him/her makes me the most happy.

I decided to pull out the books and lay them on the floor of our empty future nursery and take a picture. I have quite a collection already!

We have a big box full of baby items that has been tucked away since my miscarriage. Here are a few of my favorites: A white fuzzy bear outfit, complete with ears and a tail. And also a tiger onesie with tiger toes and a tiger face on the bum! Thanks for the photo bomb, Nadia.

And one of my personal favorites for obvious reasons - a snowflake onesie.
.

All in all, being able to go upstairs and pull these items out of their box was a good measurement of my current mental status. Because usually the thought of going up there and looking at all this stuff is too painful. But right now I have hope and I'm looking forward to the next steps. I'm allowing myself to daydream and it feels good.




11 comments:

  1. Thinking of you :) Cute onesie and love the photobomb, LOL my dog does that. Sometimes its months before I see her in a picture, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Happy Birthday to you, by the way!

      Yeah, Nadia (and most cats, I guess) are funny when something "new" gets laid on the floor. Paper, plastic, clothes - you name it...they want to sit on it or be a part of it. LOL

      Delete
  2. Hope is such a wonderful thing!!! Praying that you get your heart's desire very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I agree. Hope is so much better than having no hope. It sets the tone for everything else in my life. It's crazy!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I can't wait until the day when I have our LOs and I can look at my blog, and see these pictures and know just how far I came. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are in high spirits. You look gorgeous with your new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's very sweet of you to say!

      Delete
  5. Keep the hope! It keeps us going. The photo bomb...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am full of hope right now. :) Yeah, Nadia is quite a ham.

      Delete