Friday, August 2, 2013

Victory. VICTORY!

My "me" day turned out the be the most fabulous "me" day I could have asked for and it's not even 1:30pm yet.

I went to get my hair done, and while waiting under the dryer my phone rang. It was from my work number. My heart sank thinking it was someone from work needing me to do something work related on my day off. I picked it up, and instead, it was my HR rep.

HR: Sorry for calling you on your day off. Did you hears the news?
Me: What news?
HR: The insurance company overturned their denial! It's approved now! You'll get a letter in the mail.
Me: (silence. speechless. Tears forming in my eyes)
Me: Oh my gosh. Thank you!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!  You can call me at 2am in the morning with this kind of news! WOW!
HR: Have a wonderful weekend!

Oh, I will have a wonderful weekend.

I started texting Kevin, and a couple EA friends. And no more than an hour later as I was getting my hair cut I got a call from my clinic. I hated to be "that lady" who takes a call in the stylist chair, but I knew I had to take it. It might be good news...or it might be bad news. But I had to know right away so I answered.

Embryologist: Guess what?
Me: .....WHAT?!
Embryologist: They're shipping. We have a tank going there Monday. It will arrive Tuesday. They will ship on Wednesday and be here on Thursday.
Me: Oh. MY. GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, friends. These embryos will be here Thursday! And I don't have to pay out of pocket!

I suspected I might get good news on the embryos today, but had absolutely no idea the insurance situation would be resolved today too. I had completely given up on it. And I get both of this information within one hour of each other on a day I chose to have off for me. I feel like a million bucks right now.

I started crying in the chair, and my stylist (who I was seeing for the first time, mind you) asked me what it was all about. And I decided to tell her an abridged version of our story and how important that phone call was to me. I could tell she was sincerely touched and happy for us. She said she can't wait to see me again and hear news! She didn't say anything inconsiderate or rude, like sometimes I expect from strangers. And since I was there to cut my hair to donate a wig to underprivileged children, she said "See? You donate something to others, and you get something even better donated to you in return."

Boy was she right!!! Best. Hair. Appointment. Ever.

As for my actual hair, here are some before and after pics.
Before

After

Bye, hair!


34 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! What an AWESOME "me" day! Love the new haircut too! -DP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! What an awesome day, indeed!!

      Delete
  2. Amazing!!! Happy "me" day to you. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! Wonderful news all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, LOVE this, and you look beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited to see this today. Soooo excited. I have been so frustrated for you. You are going to have a wonderful weekend now and....your hair looks awesome. I donated once several years ago and it was a really good feeling.
    kd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate this so much. It has been so frustrating, and I'm sure all of my blog readers have felt my frustrations over the past few months. Thank you for the support and the kind words. And I love that you've donated too. :)

      Delete
  6. YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! I am so happy for you!

    You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy day!!!Great to read this post. Your hair looks awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It felt so good to write it!

      Delete
  8. Yes yes yes yes yes YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! That's so awesome that they're on their way, AND insurance is covering it!! :D :D :D This is amazing news! What a perfect "me" day for you!!!! <3

    P.S. Your hair? One word: Fabulous!! :) You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Yeah it is SOOOO awesome! Perfect perfect perfect!

      Delete
  9. Yay!! Such good news! What a way to start off the weekend! Love your new do =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful start to a great weekend. THanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  10. yay! That's wonderful news! And you're hair looks super cute, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you....and LOVE the shorter hair! You truly look happy, and I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it too! Man, I am SO happy! So relieved!

      Delete
  12. WOW! Great news!!! I am so happy for you, I know the past while has been tough, you deserve some great news.

    Love the new hairstyle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It has been grueling but I'm so glad that this part is finally coming to an end!

      Delete
  13. SO happy and excited for you!!
    Oh- and your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I am a long time reader but rarely comment. Sorry. Just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you. Plus, your haircut looks amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. Can't wait for your shipment to safely arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the comment and the kind words! Thanks for being a long time reader!

      Delete
  15. yea! Yea! Yea! Yea! I'm so excited for you and so thrilled that prayers have been answered!
    FX for a smooth shipping and delivery of your wonderful little snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an incredible day that turned out to be! And your hair looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete